Tips for a Healthier Heart
2.5 billion times. That’s how many times the heart will beat in an average lifetime.* This vital organ works as the main engine in the body. Without proper care, you are at risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, high cholesterol and even death.
There is no better month to think about giving your heart some love. Be proactive! Love your heart more with these tips:
- Your Diet: Eat healthy fats, not trans fats, and make sure your diet is well balanced, you should be getting enough protein, dairy, fruits, veges and grains. Also try to reduce your salt intake.
- Exercise: Get active! Try to get 30 minutes of moderate activity five days per week. If it’s hard to get exercise in each day, try taking the stairs more and walking instead of driving.
- Stress Less: Easier said than done, but if life gets stressful try and channel it into something that helps your health like exercise or getting more sleep.
- Sleep: Speaking of sleep, getting at least 7 hours each night can do wonders for your health.
- Limit Alcohol Intake: It’s all about moderation!
- Brush Those Teeth: Studies suggest that good oral hygiene can help reduce gum disease which can also reduce your risk of heart disease.¹
The truth is, heart problems cost money. Make sure you are prepared for the unexpected with a PFP | Family Security Plan® Critical Illness Insurance Policy. Critical Illness Insurance provides a lump sum cash benefit paid directly to you upon the first diagnosis of a covered critical illness. Learn more about Critical Illness Insurance.