The Family Security Plan® Privacy Notice
Facts: What does The Family Security Plan® do with your personal information?
How? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What? The types of personal information we collect and share depends on your relationship with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number, medical history, name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address
- Income, credit history, employment information, payment history and payment methods
- Internet activity
When you no longer have a relationship with us, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
Why? All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the reasons The Family Security Plan® chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you.
|For joint marketing with other financial companies.
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences.
|We don't share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness.
|We don't share
|For our affiliates to market to you.
|We don't share
|For non-affiliates to market to you.
|We don't share
Who is providing this notice?
Schmitt-Sussman Enterprises, Inc. dba The Family Security Plan®
How does The Family Security Plan® protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal and state laws. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Additionally, we restrict access to personal information to only those parties who need it to conduct our normal business operations, and we provide privacy training to all our employees.
How does The Family Security Plan® collect my personal information?
We collect the personal information described in this notice, for example, when you:
- contact us
- provide information to our agents or via our online forms
- apply for insurance
- interact with our social media content or our website and trigger the creation of Internet "cookies"
We also collect your personal information from other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness.
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
How does The Family Security Plan® use my personal information?
We use the information we collect from you or that is shared with us from other financial institutions:
- to communicate with you and provide services to you - we use the information we collect to contact you and provide services to you, including submitting applications for insurance polices and providing services in connection with in-force insurance policies
- to provide, improve and promote our services and services/products of other financial institutions that you have a relationship with
- to perform analytics
- for legal reasons
- as reasonably necessary to comply with all applicable laws and regulations
We may share your personal information with non-affiliates in furtherance of fulfilling these uses.
We do not use or share your personal information except as described in this notice.
How long does The Family Security Plan® retain my personal information?
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from unpermitted access to such information, why we gather such information, and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means. When personal information is no longer retained in accordance with our internal policies, such information is anonymized, disposed of, or destroyed.
How does The Family Security Plan® handle requests from me relating to my personal information?
All information collected from you or that is shared with us from other financial institutions is subject to and administered in accordance with our privacy notice, our other internal policies, and applicable laws and regulations. We do not accommodate specific requests regarding your personal information at this time.
When does The Family Security Plan® deliver its Privacy Notice?
We will provide you with this privacy notice:
- at or before the time we collect your personal information, or as soon as practical thereafter
- at or before the time that we make any updates to our privacy notice
- before any time that we would use your personal information for a new purpose not previously disclosed
- on an annual basis
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. The Family Security Plan® has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. The Family Security Plan® does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies and federal credit unions.
Last updated: November 2022