You can also contact The Family Security Plan® via postal mail at 34 Prindle Hill Rd., Orange, CT 06477.
We collect information via the Site about you (A) when you give it to us, and (B) with automatic technologies.
A. Information You Provide to The Family Security Plan®. You may provide information to us through the Site in various ways, such as through forms, features, or other means offered through the Site. The type of information you provide to us fits into two general categories:
(1) Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that is reasonably capable of being associated with you or someone else. Examples of Personal Information are your name, address, email address and phone number. In most cases, when you provide information to us, you are providing Personal Information.
Personal Information collected by The Family Security Plan® includes:
- Contact Information. Contact Information allows The Family Security Plan® to communicate with you. Contact Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, valid email address, phone number, full postal address, or other information about yourself that you provide.
- Personal Consultation Requests. In order to fulfill your requested Personal Consultation, The Family Security Plan® will collect your Contact Information and information regarding whether you belong to any credit union(s), which insurance products you are interested in, whether you have any Family Security Plan® policies in place, or other information about yourself that you provide.
- Credit Union Services. In order to fulfill your requests about the services we provide to Credit Unions, The Family Security Plan® will collect your Contact Information and information about the credit union you are inquiring on behalf of.
- Insurance Applications. In order to fulfill your requests to apply for insurance quotes or products, The Family Security Plan® will collect your Contact Information, health and financial information, employment information, social security number, payment information and any other information required in connection with such quote/product.
(2) Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” is information that is not reasonably capable of being associated with you or someone else. At your option, there are times you may provide Non-Personal Information, such as information about a credit union or your interest in products and services that are offered by The Family Security Plan®.
B. Information Automatically Collected by The Family Security Plan®. In addition to information you provide to us as described above, in some cases we may automatically collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- Device Information. This is information about how you access the Site, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, unique identifiers associated with your device, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Site. If this information is reasonably capable of being associated with you, we treat it as Personal Information.
The Family Security Plan® uses and stores the information collected from you via the Site in order to respond to your requests, provide services to you, enhance your experience on the Site, to promote services offered by The Family Security Plan®, and for other internal purposes. We may also enhance or merge Personal Information you provide with data obtained from others for the same purposes. Some examples of how The Family Security Plan® uses the information it collects are as follows:
- To provide services. We use the information we collect to provide services to you, including applying for insurance quotes or products for you.
- To communicate with you and to promote its services. We use information we collect to communicate with you and to send you standardized and customized marketing communications.
- To improve and promote the Site. We use information we collect to understand how you use the Site, determine the methods and devices used to access the Site, and to improve or enhance the Site.
- For legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- For Legal Reasons. The Family Security Plan® may be required to disclose information about you to third parties as required by law.
To determine the appropriate retention period, The Family Security Plan® considers the type and volume of the information, the negativities that can result from unpermitted access to such information, why The Family Security Plan® gathers such information, and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
The Family Security Plan® strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information; however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of The Family Security Plan® electronic storage, is 100% secure, and therefore The Family Security Plan® cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information. The Family Security Plan® strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
Any Non-Personal Information, material, suggestions, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, questions, comments or other communication you transmit or post to the Site in any manner, or any other modes of communication from you to The Family Security Plan®, are and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary ("User Communications"). The Family Security Plan®, each of its affiliates and/or their designees may use any or all User Communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, reproduction, transmission, disclosure, publication, broadcast, development, manufacturing and/or marketing in any manner whatsoever for any or all commercial or non-commercial purposes. The Family Security Plan® may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any information you provide through the Site. The Family Security Plan® shall have no obligations to use, return, review, or respond to any requests, information, questions, material, comments, submissions or other communications through the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, offensive, pornographic, or other material that would violate any law. The Family Security Plan® will have no liability related to the content of any such communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
The Family Security Plan® does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals.
From time to time, the Site may contain links to other websites, including links to apply for certain insurance policies. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. The privacy policies of such other websites govern the information collection and dissemination practices occurring on such websites. We encourage you to read and understand those websites' policies prior to using those websites. Neither The Family Security Plan® nor its affiliates are responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact The Family Security Plan® by using the following page: https://familysecurityplan.com/contact/.
NOTICE: CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS
This Site is intended for adults. The Family Security Plan® does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send The Family Security Plan® any Personal Information. If you know of anyone under the age of 18 who has provided The Family Security Plan® with Personal Information, please contact us immediately and The Family Security Plan® will remove the information.
Last updated: 10/19/2023