There are always ways in which you can improve your heart health and during the month of February you can learn all about what you can do to make healthier changes to your lifestyle to improve your heart health.
- 1 person dies every 36 seconds in the U.S. from cardiovascular disease.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
- 655,000 Americans die every year from heart disease every year.
It is important to understand the things you can do every day to keep your heart healthy to help prevent any serious cardiovascular issues. There are a variety of things you can do to keep your heart health in check.
- Exercise Regularly
- Stay active! Just going for a walk frequently can be just enough exercise to keep your heart in shape
- Eat Healthy
- It goes without saying that healthier food choices are beneficial to your overall health but knowing exactly which foods are heart healthy are important for your cardiovascular health
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Keeping the extra weight off can decrease your chances for cardiovascular problems. Start setting small goals for yourself to help keep you on track with diet and exercise
- Quit Smoking and Consume Alcohol in Moderation
- Smoking is a leading factor for cardiovascular disease as well as second-hand smoke. Limiting alcohol consumption can also help to keep your heart healthy
- Controlled Cholesterol
- Keeping your cholesterol level under control can be extremely beneficial. There are many foods that can help lower cholesterol.
At The Family Security Plan® we understand that a critical illness such as a heart attack can be costly, so we are here for you! Don’t worry about the medical expenses and focus on the road to recovery with the help of Critical Illness Insurance.
* The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm